That’s right, folks, I, Tim, am doing a food post. We’ve been eating sausage balls for years, but today, we venture into the post Bisquick world… today we create them from scratch…
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 big pinch of kosher salt
- 1 big pinch of sugar
The Other Stuff
- 10 oz of cheese
- 1 pound of sausage
How you do it…
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Whisk the faux Bisquick to combine
- Grate the cheese (fresh grated, please) and drop it into the faux Bisquick
- Use your hands to coat the cheese with the powder
- Add the sausage (this part is, well, a little gross)
- Use your hands to mix it all up thoroughly. Push, mush, squish, do whatever it takes.
- If it’s totally dry, you may want to add up to 4 cap-fulls of canola oil (compensates for the shortening missing when using homemade Bisquick)
- Roll up little balls, less than an inch each and lay them out on…
- A wire rack in a sheet pan, ideally with some foil in between to spare the dish boy some effort.
- Bake for 20 minutes (or so, use your eyes) and then broil for a couple of minutes as well.